INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)/VIDEO SPECIALIST
CCTV is looking for an innovative, responsive, detail-oriented individual to manage and maintain our computer equipment and local area network, interface computers with a wide range of video equipment, and provide friendly, positive technical support to the public and staff. Ideally this individual will have excellent communication and time management skills, experience working with a diverse range of software and hardware, working knowledge of both PC and Apple platforms, and a strong understanding of local area networking.
CCTV is a community center focused on promoting creativity and civic engagement through the use of digital media.
Schedule: This position is exempt from overtime and requires flexibility; generally Monday through Friday, 8:30pm - 5:00pm.
Starting pay: Starting annual salary range $40,000-$42,000, with the ability to increase to $45,000-$47,000 within two years. Excellent benefits including health insurance, a substantial retirement plan, and medical reimbursement funds.
To apply: Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday September 30th.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS
CAPITAL COMMUNITY TELEVISION (CCTV) SALEM, OREGON
Our mission is to provide community information through television, and to teach people how to make their own television messages. We believe community decision-making, access to information, media literacy, and diversity and inclusiveness are integral to a democratic society, and we have a vital role to play in those processes. Each employee of CCTV is an indispensable part of the team, helping us to achieve our mission.
This document explains general qualifications and expectations applicable to this position. However, because of our broad mission, this is a dynamic organization, and change is the norm. In addition, the core function of each employee is to support the work of the whole team in carrying out our mission, and that may involve performing not only the functions and duties listed in this document, but also working outside the parameters of the job description, as the need arises. Therefore, this document is intended to be and should be read only as a guideline that outlines the minimum expectations of the position. In all situations, employees should be guided by considerations of the best interests of the organization and the public we serve.
CCTV is primarily an Apple platform organization. The IT/Video Specialist manages CCTV’s computers and local area network and takes the lead in researching system changes to keep CCTV’s computer equipment and systems current. This position interfaces computers with a wide range of video equipment, with an approximate 70%-30% split in time between computers and video equipment. This position provides technical and development assistance to CCTV staff and the public regarding computer and multi-media communications systems use. The IT Specialist maintains CCTV’s website and implements a variety of computer, telecommunications and alternative media applications. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Manages and maintains CCTV’s computers and local area network, implementing and troubleshooting computer systems, interfaces computers and video equipment and works with Facilities Coordinator to maintain equipment inventory.
2. Provides computer and video support and training to staff and to the public as needed.
3. Maintains and builds CCTV’s website; generates content.
4. Leads research and implementation of new and alternative technologies for transmitting, data, voice, video and other telecommunications applications; recommends and implements changes.
5. Diagnoses and reports computer and video equipment problems. Arranges repair as needed.
6. Interacts and communicates respectfully and courteously with members of the public, without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, military or veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law, or educational background, skill level or proficiency in absorbing training material, political affiliation, or socio-economic status.
7. Is punctual and reliable. Attendance is an essential function of this position because the IT/Video Specialist works as part of the team, and the rest of the team may be unable to function effectively without the support and participation of the IT/Video Specialist.
8. Is available for trouble-shooting outside of scheduled hours. The IT/Video Specialist needs to be onsite during scheduled hours, to provide technical assistance to members of the public and staff. The IT/Video Specialist also needs to be available to assist remotely if a problem arises outside of his/her scheduled hours.
9. Performs additional tasks, as assigned.
Any substantive changes to the essential functions and duties will be communicated to affected staff by the Executive Director, and revised Position Descriptions will be issued as soon as practicable.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• In-depth understanding of computer and computer network hardware and software
• Experience training and assisting others with computer use
• Considerable knowledge of telecommunications including data, voice and video communications
• Experience working with databases and/or data management systems.
• Familiarity with multi-media systems; experience interfacing computer and video equipment.
• Strong communications skills.
• History of work with diverse populations, and in facilitating the work of others.
• Work history of using time efficiently and productively.
Television production experience, light engineering and maintenance skills.
The IT/Video Specialist must be able to sit and stand for extended periods, and able to lift supplies and equipment up to 40 pounds.
Must be accessible by telephone, as the team members communicate regularly by telephone and text. Must have an Oregon Driver’s License and insurable driving record, or access to reliable transportation.